Google Co-op search engine integrated
I just replaced my website's search functionality, which was already built on Google, with Google's new Co-op service. I have mixed feelings about the outcoming.
I think Google Co-op is huge step forwared compared to the techniques to integrate external search engines in your website that existed so far. But as always there are a few pros and cons with this new service:
- You can customize the search results to really fit into your sites color scheme.
- The search results are really fast.
- You can integrate the result listing almost seamlessly into your site, the user is not redirected to Google.
- You can only customize the colors, not the fonts.
- The advertising, if it shows up at all, is huge.