Release candidates for Horde, IMP, Passwd, and Vacation
First (and probably final) release candidates for Horde 3.1.4, IMP 4.1.4, Passwd 3.0.1, and Vacation 3.0.1 have been released. These are going to be regular maintenance releases with a few smaller bug fixes and some nice improvements. But more important is, that these are going to be the last releases of the Horde 3.1 series. Of course we are still going to maintain them for many months if any serious issues like security holes are discovered, but we are also going to concentrate on releasing Horde 3.2 et al. after the final releases are out. So it's a good idea to test the candidates, it might be last chance to get something minor fixed in this release branch.
Major changes compared to Horde 3.1.3 are:
- Rewritten Oracle session handler.
- Added vTimezone support to iCalendar API and ORG support to vCard API.
- Improved virtual domain support for Cyrus SQL authentication driver.
- Improved Samba authentication driver.
- Improved automatic webroot detection.
- Improved signature dimming.
- Improved compatibility of generated ZIP files.
- Fixed validation of some email distribution lists.
- Several Kolab related fixes.
- Lots of small fixes and improvements.
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese and Traditional Chinese translations.
Major changes compared to the IMP H3 (4.1.3) version are:
- Turned mailto: links in HTML emails into IMP compose links.
- Small improvements to the iCalendar/iTip handler.
- Improved compatibility with Internet Explorer 7.
- Several small bug fixes and improvements.
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Dutch, German, Portuguese and Traditional Chinese translations.
The major changes compared to the Passwd version H3 (3.0) are:
- Small improvements to the sql, poppassd, kolab, and expect drivers.
- Added Japanese and Slovenian translations.
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, German and Italian translations.
The major changes compared to the Vacation H3 (3.0) version are:
- Added support for Berkeley DB 4 vacation databases.
- Allowed users to set their From: address.
- Improved configuration for LDAP searches.
- Added Slovenian translation.
- Updated German and Traditional Chinese translations.